2020 Annual Christmas Party and Silent Auction
No doubt about it: 2020 was a year of challenges for individuals and businesses everywhere. But… some light did exist at the end of the tunnel that gave us a little something to look forward to…the annual Polestar Christmas party!
We had to get creative with this year’s Christmas Party. Although we could not all gather, we still wanted to see everyone and be interactive. It was our first, and hopefully only, virtual Christmas party. We still managed to host our annual white elephant gift exchange, and added a fundraiser auction for Junior Achievement and, for fun, we all wore ugly Christmas sweaters and favorite beanie caps.
The week before the party, employees dropped off their white elephant gifts at the office. During the party Bill and Patty Bailey played Santa and assigned the numbers and presented the gifts as they were picked and stolen. In between gifts, we auctioned off eight very fun and creative items donated from our generous staff.
Although it was not our traditional dinner and in-person socializing, it was so much fun seeing everyone at home with their kiddos and spouses and dogs; the ugly outfits we sported; and sharing our favorite and craziest holiday memories. Plus, seeing all the fun gifts that were exchanged – a baby yoda chia pet, a blanket that looks just like a tortilla, a Christmas gnome, The Florida Man game, wine and coffee, and even a set of Hanford coasters.
The bidding wars were awesome and the auction raised a total of $850! These were the auction items, donors and winners:
• Auction item #1 – A Christmas Owl wreath. Made and donated by the Polestar wreath making team for United Way’s Festival of Trees fundraiser.Winning Bidder: Kari Vitalleti
• Auction item #2 – A Whoville wreath. Made and donated by the Polestar wreath making team for United Way’s Festival of Trees fundraiser. Winning Bidder: Jessica Fuller
• Auction item #3 – A Christmas ornament wreath. Handmade and donated by friend of Polestar Ryan Ollero, Drusilla Butler. Winning Bidder: Patty Bailey
• Auction item #4 – A Lobster dinner for two. Donated and cooked by Patty and Bill Bailey. Winning Bidder: Gary MacFarlan
• Auction item #5 – A dozen homemade Lefsa, a thin Norwegian potato pancake similar to a tortilla. Donated by Kari Vitaletti. Winning Bidder: Jason Miller
• Auction item #6 – Fishing Trip – A day on the river chasing fall Chinook Salmon. Donor and boat captain, Ryan Ollero. Winning Bidders: Mark Sr and Bryan Coles (split)
• Auction item #7 – Cougar Gold cheese. Donated by Gary and Tricia MacFarlan. Winning Bidder: Charmaine Busler
• Auction item #8 – 3 types of chocolate covered Oreo cookies (milk, dark and white chocolate) with wood inspirational platter wrapped in clear cellophane wrapping with a bow. Donated by Charmaine Busler. Winning Bidder: Kathy Miller